Deja Miss Hot 16

FU interviewed Atlanta rapper/song writer Deja Miss Hot 16....

First of all love your songs Beast and Bad girl, what is bad girl all about?
Bad Girl is universal. I'm all about women taking charge and doing things that live up to the name Bad Girl.

How long have you been doing it for?
I’ve been doing this for the past 3 years

Who are your musical influences?
I love real music and real people, so everyone that fits that description is my musical influence

Who would you say your music is aimed at?
My music is for women

Have you been involved in any projects or made any mixtapes?
I've featured on mixtapes from Booman w/SRP Hosted by Greg Street, to D4L's 2nd mixtape to multiple projects in Compton, New Orleans, Birmingham, Indianapolis and Miami.

As a female in a male dominated industry do you find it’s harder to get taken seriously within hip hop circles?
Yeah but once you start making that money then the men start to respect you because you’re then in their tax bracket, which means you’re serious about what you’re doing.

Do you think it’s OK for a female artist to use their sexuality to get ahead and flaunt their body and be seen as a sex object or do you believe it’s better to just be you, cover up a bit and let your talent get you the attention?
Both. Sex sells, Sex is blunt. I do sexy, erotic and everything in between. I Like to paint pictures with my lyrics, if it’s hood then I’ll describe hood sex. But at the same time I want women to chase money, not men, be their own boss, demand respect and aspire to have their own, not want someone Elses

If you could choose one other female MC to collaborate with, who would it be? Why? And what kind of song would you make?
I would love to work with Missy Elliott. She is off the radar when it comes to creativity. Missy is the truth and she makes money

What’s next for you?
Next for me is the South. They need some assistance in redeeming our reputation...

Bad girls club





For more info on Deja:
www.myspace.com/dejamisshot16

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online